The School of Earth and Environment at the University of Leeds (UK) is becoming highly supportive for this type of projects. I had one Marie Curie fellowship in the UK before getting this lectureship, so I’d like to encourage you to apply to one of this great research grants. Please have a look here and don’t hesitate to contact me back in case you’d be interested in joining the team: https://www.euraxess.org.uk/jobs/hosting/call-postdoctoral-candidates-interested-applying-marie-curie-individual-fellowship
Why applying for a MSCA fellowship hosted at the School fo Earth and Environment, University of Leeds?
The University of Leeds is acclaimed world-wide for the quality of its teaching and research, and has been frequently ranked within the top 100 universities world-wide. It has recently been named the UK University of the Year for its outstanding commitment to student education (Times/Sunday Times, 2017).
Since 2014, the University of Leeds has successful supported the application and hosted over 63 Marie Curie Individual Fellows (IF). It has a strong success rate for this fellowship scheme (over 30% in the last two years).
In particular, the School of Earth and Environment is ranked among the top in the UK in terms of Research Quality:
- Top 5 for Research Performance in UK (REF, 2014)
- Top 3 in the UK and Top 5 in Europe for Earth and Marine Sciences (QS World University Rankings, 2018)
- Top 5 in the UK and Top 15 in Europe for Environmental Sciences (QS World University Rankings, 2018)
Our school is one of the largest research groups of Earth, Environmental and Social scientists in the UK and internationally and offers a vibrant and dynamic department with over 130 academic staff. In order to deliver leading-edge science, we also host or lead a number of UK research centres.
Support provided to MSCA IF applicants
The EU Team, part of the Research and Innovation Service at the University of Leeds, assists all Marie Curie IF applicants with the preparation of their application.
Candidates should have substantial experience in their proposed field of research. Please send your CV as well as a description of your proposed research area (maximum 2 pages) by 2nd July 2018 (4pm BST). Please also send details of any contact you have already had with academics from our school regarding your proposal.
To submit your application or for all enquiries, please contact Samantha Haynes (S.E.Haynes@leeds.ac.uk) and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
MSCA IF – Eligibility Criteria: who can apply?
- Researchers should either have a PhD or 4 years research experience (typically 4 years after a Master’s degree by the call deadline: 12 September 2018).
- Researchers of any nationality can apply.
The Marie Curie Individual Fellowship calls offer two types of fellowships: European Fellowships and Global Fellowships.
- European Fellowships:
European fellowships last between 12 to 24 months and are hosted at the University of Leeds.
The eligibility criteria depend on the panel chosen:
- Standard Panel: At the call deadline researchers cannot have spent more than 12 months in the UK in the previous 3 years.
- Career Restart Panel:At the call deadline researchers should have taken at least 12 months career break and have not spent more than 36 months in the UK in the previous 5 years.
- Reintegration panel:Only researchers who are EU/Associated Country nationals or have been a long term resident of an EU Member State or Associated Country can apply to this panel. At the call deadline researchers cannot have spent more than 36 months in the UK in the previous 5 years.
- Global Fellowship:
Global Fellowships last for between 24 and 36 months. GFs have an outgoing phase in a Third country (outside the EU or Associated countries). The outgoing phase lasts between 12 and 24 months. It is followed by a mandatory 12 month return phase at the University of Leeds.
At the call deadline researchers cannot have spent more than 36 months in the previous 5 years in the third country that will host the fellowship (where the initial outgoing phase will take place).